I hear you: “Why do I need a wine chilling stick?” And well you don’t need one. But they are handy when you bring out a white that isn’t quite cold enough. Or your red wine is too hot.
Will it get your wine icy cold instantly?
No! At least I can’t make it do that. What it does do is take it the edge off the wine. It is perfect for me as I don’t tend to drink my wine icy cold as I like to enjoy the flavour.
The non-drip pourer on top is handy. And the compact nature of it means you aren’t sacrificing vast amounts of freezer or cupboard space.
How does it work?
- Put the stainless steel chiller in the freezer. After 2 hours it will be useable. But leave it in there for emergencies.
- Attach the acrylic pourer.
- Pour a little bit of wine into a glass to make room for the chilling stick.
- Insert the wine chilling stick and leave for 5 mins.
- Pour your newly chilled wine.
- Wash by hand and put the chilling stick back in the freezer.