Famille Brunier Piedlong Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2013


Piedlong is Grenache from 70-year-old vines with 10% 50-year-old Mourvedre. A wine of finesse, the density and depth of old-vine Grenache shines.

Out of stock

Out of stock

SKU 41088 Categories , Tag


While Domaine du Vieux Telegraphe is the Brunier family’s flagship, Piedlong is a passion project. 90% Grenache from 70-year-old vines which sit in the stony Piedlong Plateau of Chateauneuf. The remaining 10% is 50-year-old Mourvedre vines in Pignan to the east of Piedlong. Hand-picked grapes are triple sorted before gentle crushing and destemming. A long maturation period follows with no fining or filtration.  

It is a wine of finesse; mineral and elegant. The density and depth of old-vine Grenache shines through and the charm is instant and undeniable. The backbone of Mourvedre adds the tannin and brooding, meaty, darkness. Drink it now, drink it in 15 years. Just don’t miss out on drinking this wine.

Rhone Valley

One of the great wine regions in the world. Situated along the Rhone river in South-East France there is a distinct divide between the Syrah dominant North where the Mistral wind cools and regulates the temperature and the hot lands in the South where Grenache is at its peak. The region produces everything from easy-going quaffers to wines that demand long-term cellaring.

Chateauneuf du Pape

The house of the New Pope. Where Grenache transcends its tendency towards mediocrity and becomes a noble variety. The reds can be a blend of up to 15 varieties with the main three being Grenache, Shiraz and Mourvedre. Some estates use all 15, some use as little as one. With a range of terroirs and blending options it is hard to pin down CNDP to one style, so find a producer you like and find out their conspirators. The ability to age here is the same as great Burgundy or Bordeaux. The whites can be as outstanding as the reds but definitely on the expensive side.


AKA Garnacha. Originally a Spanish variety it is known for being aromatic, low in acid with moderate tannin and high in alcohol. Quite often Grenache is blended with other varieties to add structure and tame its exuberance. The top wines of Priorat, Rioja, Chateauneuf du Pape or Barossa can age extremely well.

Mourvedre (Monastrell)

Also known as Mourvedre in France and Mataro in the new world. It makes a muscular, tannic, meaty, savoury wine. It is often the backbone of a blend but in places like Alicante, Jumilla and Yecla it is the major if not only variety in the red wine. Aging can vary depending on winemaker influence.

Additional information

Weight 1.3 kg
Dimensions 7 × 7 × 30 cm











There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Famille Brunier Piedlong Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2013”

New Products


Thierry Violot Guillemard Bourgogne Rouge Les Maison Dieu 2014 Plush Great

4 in stock


Chain of Ponds Unchained Adelaide Hills Gruner Veltliner 2021 Clean Fun

2 in stock


Chain of Ponds Amadeus Adelaide Hill Cabernet Sauvignon 2019 Classy Buy

1 in stock


Bernard Defaix Reserve Cotes de Lechet Chablis Premier Cru 2020

1 in stock