Tastings & Events
- This event has passed.
French Cheese and Wine Night 13th July 6.30pm At Richmond Hill Cafe and Larder
July 13, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$70.00
Here it is, your chance to spend Bastille Day eve experiencing the marriage of French Cheese and Wine. For the second time this year I will team up with Richmond Hill Cafe and Larder to offer a cheese and wine experience like no other.
We’ll sit down and run through a masterclass of six cheese and wine matches. I’ll chat about the wines while Celia and Blake from Richmond Hill will talk you through six cheeses. We’ll go through each pair individually so we can get the most out of the event. At the end of the night you’ll know a lot more about cheese styles, production and matching. You’ll also have had six amazing cheeses that pair beautifully with six lovely wines.
I’ll take care of the wine and we’ll drink really well. It’ll look something like the following:
Monmousseau Brut Etoile Loire Valley NV
Etienne Boileau Chablis AC 2015
Saint Andre de Figuiere Le Saint Andre Provence Rose 2015
Lucien Muzard Bourgogne Rouge 2014
Domaine du Pegau Cuvee Setier Cotes du Rhone Villages 2012
Bouscasse Pacherenc 500ml Les Larmes Celestes Pacherenc 2013
Each of the wines will be individually matched to a cheese. The matches were finalised when I visited RHCL. We do the pairings in the cheese room with the wines we’ll taste at the event. It is very thorough and truly one of the best facets of my job.
1. Decadent Brillat Savarin with a cleansing Monmousseau Brut Etoile NV
2. Chablis washed rind Affi’delice with classic Chablis Etienne Boileau Chablis AC 2015
3. Mild Chabrin with bottled sunshine Saint Andre de Figuiere Provence Rose 2015
4. Creamy Abondance with the lean and fragrant Lucien Muzard Bourgogne Rouge 2014
5. Funky Pont L’Eveque with a mini Chateauneuf Chateau Pegau Cuvee Setier Cotes du Rhone Villages 2012
6. The poor mans Roquefort Bleu des Causses with the poor mans Sauternes Bouscasse Les Larmes Pacherenc Petit Manseng 2013 500ml
They were amazing. You can email me to get the notes too.
The tickets for this event are capped at 30 places. Richmond Hill have already started taking bookings, so the event will sell out. And I guarantee you that you do not want to miss this one.
5 people are attending French Cheese and Wine Night 13th July 6.30pm At Richmond Hill Cafe and Larder