This is the start of something and you need to get on board. A step above the standard fare from the Yarra
Tastings & Events
- This event has passed.
Barolo & Barbaresco at DOC Delicatessen Carlton 19th August 2016 7pm
August 19, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm$175.00
Nebbiolo is one of the great red wine varieties of the world. Its structure and perfume along with its ability to age and evolve over time is so beguiling. It is also a variety that still offers value for wine lovers to drink or cellar. Nebbiolo is growing in popularity both within its home of Piedmont and across the world (including some great examples in Australia). Its best expression is in the regions of Barolo and Barbaresco. Neighbours in Alba that offer two amazing but subtly different styles that can easily rival Burgundy, Bordeaux or any other great red wine of the world.
Having been lucky enough to visit Barolo and Barbaresco this year and earlier in the week taste with two of my favourite producers – Renato Ratti and Produttori del Barbaresco, it was time to host a dinner so we can revisit the variety and the regions where they excel.
Join me at DOC
We’re going to eat so well and drink even better.
The proposed menu from DOC looks great:
- Cured meats to start
- Pappardelle with duck ragu
- Braise of beef or lamb
- Selection of cheese
The wines we drink will look like:
- Out Of Step Malakoff Vineyard Nebbiolo Pyrenees 2014
- Produttori Del Barbaresco Nebbiolo delle Langhe DOC 2013
- Renato Ratti Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC 2014
- Produttori Del Barbaresco Barbaresco Riserva Rabaja DOCG 2011
- Produttori Del Barbaresco Barbaresco Riserva Asili DOCG 2011
- Produttori Del Barbaresco Barbaresco Riserva Rabaja DOCG 1995
- Renato Ratti Barolo Marcenasco DOCG 2012
- Renato Ratti Barolo Rocche dell’Annunziata DOCG 2012
- Renato Ratti Barolo Marcenasco DOCG 1996
- G.D Vajra Barolo Chinato Aromatizzato NV
What more do you need to know? Scroll down and book in. Only 10 places are available.